Thursday, September 9, 2010

Learning Nepali

I know two words in Nepali now--didi (sister/term of respect) and babu (baby/little boy). I call Muna Didi "didi" all the time now, and she smiles and giggles every time. She calls me "babu," so I call Penguin "babu" now as well.
They all keep trying to get me to say "Namaste," but I usually just smile and say, "Hi."
Mom & Dad are taking a class to learn Nepali. Not me. I don't need a class. I just soak it all up like a sponge. Probably be fluent by next week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Isaiah - we miss you, mommy and daddy. Did you have a birthday cake for Alana? How wonderful! And, I don't like mosquitoes either. They give me big welts too! How did you like your bus ride? Have a great day. Learn lots of new words. And, many hugs to you.
    Grandpa Vic and Grandma Liz

    ReplyDelete